Tahlia Newland's Reviews > Treasure Me

Treasure Me by Christine Nolfi

Jul 11, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary-fiction
Read in July, 2012

Chritine Nofti’s book, ‘Treasure Me’ is a real treasure. Her characters are complex, endearing and believable, and best of all, they grow as the book progresses. Though I loved Birdie, the thief who came to the small town of Liberty in search of rubies, my favourite character was Theodore, the little old woman with the gun. Her snappy dialogue with Birdie gave me many a giggle.

‘Treasure Me’ is a story of hope, determination and of the power of friendship and kindness to bring out the best in people. I loved the way Birdie’s ancestor, Justice, through her actions as told in stories and through the words of wisdom in her diary became a role model and inspiration for Bridie. This, and the way Huge and Bridie come face to face with the disturbing and previously unconsidered results of their actions makes us realise that the results of our actions, both good and bad, last long after we have gone. Something that is well worth contemplating.

Nofti is a master of the writing craft, and I highly recommend this work of contemporary fiction with it’s mix of mystery and romance.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Treasure Me.