Delphina's Reviews > Exhale

Exhale by Kendall Grey

Jul 11, 12

bookshelves: to-read, favorites
Read in July, 2012

I beyond love the first book in this series for soooo many reasons. I was floored that someone could take something they were as passionate about as Kendall is about whales and turn it into such an amazing (albeit a bit trashy - yay!) book without a single instance of preaching. Oh and there were rock stars, tattoos, hot scenes, cuss words I would blush to repeat, and amazing lore. Yes, the book was made of awesome, covered in amazing sauce and served with a side of fabulous. When a book is that good and holds onto my heart that tightly, every new book is a bit scary. I mean, really, can someone top that kind of awesomeness? In a nut shell.....Kendall can :)!

This second book in the series has everything I loved about the first book. It had a hot trashy romance. It had adventure that kept me on the edge of my seat. It had bad guys and I was not always sure who they were. It had amazing lore that was woven into every bit of the story. The role of the whales makes me giddy. Genius!!!! Oh and did I mention it had a hot rock star with tattoos who wrote songs about her, had an Australian accent, and did not care that she was older than him and not the "model" perfect build. Oh and he digs her insane intelligence. Yep, this book kept all the things I adored about book one and more.

Now, about the ending. WOW! I am not sure how I feel about it. If it was the ending of the whole story, I would definitely be mad, but it is a rest stop in the trilogy, so I think I am going to hold off passing judgment until the next book comes out. Yes, I will be reading the next book as soon as I can possibly get my hands on it!

This book is in no way shape or form for those under 18 ;0. Yep, it has all of the good stuff.

I should mention all profits from this series go to whale education. How stinkin' awesome is that!!!!!!!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Exhale.