Miss Monsoon's Reviews > Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype

Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estés

Jul 11, 2012

liked it

Women Who Run With the Wolves is a book with impressive following, and after reading it, I can understand why. It's like a mixture of fairytales, self-help book and chicklit. However, one cannot underestimate the book dispite the seemingly frivolous labels. There were stories in this book that I really correleated with, that helped me to see my motives and reason why I have behaved the way I have. On the other hand there are also lots of other stories I don't agree with. But it is a book every young woman should read and pick the bits that count for her personally. I cannot see this book offering much for men though - it's too serious, too dwelling into depths, written at places in a beautiful language, a lot like a novel rather than a weird pshycology book. I know quite a few women who would benefit enormous amount from this book and it would empower them to live happier and more fulfilled lives. But it's not really for me, but I did enjoy it at parts. A book that mothers should give to their daughters in their late teens and it should be on your bookshelf for re-reading certain passages, just when it feels that now it's all a bit too much.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Women Who Run With the Wolves.