Kayla's Reviews > Breaking Beautiful

Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf

Dec 15, 12

Read in July, 2012

Yes, this book had me on the edge of my seat and yes I was trying to get someone *cough cough* to tell me the ending. But, as the saying goes… good things come to those who wait or in my case FABULOUS things.

This book was recommended to me over the phone by one of my very good friends… well it sort of went more like this: YOU NEED TO READ BREAKING BEAUTIFUL it was so good! So I bought it and started reading… and it only took the first page to hook me. Allie is a teenage girl who has lost her boyfriend Trip in a tragic car accident and people just won’t let her forget. It’s as if the scars and bruises oh and lack of hair doesn’t remind her enough… she is constantly followed by whispers and stares. Her twin brother Andrew who is mental tries to help Allie out and to be there to support her… but Allie doesn’t want anyone’s help because she is too busy trying to chase away her past.

When the new detective shows up in town to get to the bottom of the investigation some very interesting secrets and mysteries come out, I was constantly left wondering what is going to happen next and when it did happen I NEVER saw any of it coming! Blake, Allie’s child hood best friend comes back into the picture and tries also to support her and be her friend and to show her that the people “pretending” to care about her really don’t. But, will she listen to him or will she let what everyone thinks get to her?

Blake and Allie’s relationship is so freaking confusing but oh so sweet… and I will say no more on that matter. All I will say is that Allie’s relationship with her rich influential boyfriend Trip wasn’t everything that people thought it was and there is WAY more going on behind the scenes. You will have to read to find out if Allie can actually trust someone and tell them what really happened to her…
After reading this story… I texted Amber from Me, My Shelf, and I and thanked her for not telling me the ending! Believe me the ending is mind-blowing and you’ll walk away thinking Jennifer is one clever writer… how did “HE” manage to get away with that… (you have to read to know what I’m talking about). She is a fabulous genius writer and I LOVED Breaking Beautiful… it gets 5 STARS from me. So please, pick this wonderful book up and embark on the emotional journey I did with Allie and all of the characters surrounding her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Beautiful.