Inga's Reviews > Deep Autumn Heat

Deep Autumn Heat by Elisabeth Barrett

Jul 11, 12

Read in July, 2012

My review:

Deep Autumn Heat is the debut for Elisabeth Barrett and what a great debut! Deep Autumn Heat was well-written, hot sweet spicy romance with characters whom you would love to meet in real life! It is the best romance book I have read during this season and I will keep a keen eye on her upcoming books.

Regarding the plot:

Deep autumn Heat is a part of Star Harbor series and each book is presenting you one of the Grayson brothers and in this specific book you hear and read about Sebastian Grayson. It can be read as standalone novel, but I am sure after you have read the first book, you will ache for more!

Sebastian is visiting his home town in Star Harbor to meet with his brothers and the last hing he expects is a very lovable and hot woman - Lexie. Sebastian is a very famous chef and he is used to that women adore him. when he meets Lexie, he is surprised and awed by Lexie. Lexie's attitude and sparkiness is blowing Sebastian's mind. She is hot, adorable and resisting him with her quirkiness. But not for long, because Lexie is very attracted too him.

To get closer to Lexie, Sebastian is challenging Lexie to his TV-show for cook-off competition and from there things can't possibly get more hot: the attraction, the competition, the heat in the kitchen - these are all combined into a fabulous story!

I loved how the author increased the tension between the main characters and that there was a piece of mystery woven into the story. The dialogue was excellent, quick and funny, the settings were well created and as a result you get a book which is simply lovable.

Regarding the characters:

Sebastian is the best-described male hero in a romance book! There was something mysterious and attractive in him which you could not point your finger at in details. The way he looked and talked and acted made him masculine, sexy, strong, protective, sweet and at one point vulnerable. Sebastian is a kind of a man every woman would love to have in their life!

Lexie was adorable! Sassy, quirky, independent, smart would be the words to describe her. I really enjoyed her character and I think she was a perfect match for Sebastian - in the kitchen, in the bedroom, in his life.

The relationship between Lexie and Sebastian was nothing less than sizzling. They challenged each other, the supported each other and they made Deep Autum Heat for such a positive reading experience!

Generally:

Buy it today! That's all I am going to say. Loved it!

5 stars.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deep Autumn Heat.