Amanda Chalifoux's Reviews > Prognosis for Happiness

Prognosis for Happiness by Carolynn Carey

Jul 28, 12

bookshelves: giveaway-books
Recommended for: everyone who likes romance books
Read on July 28, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I won this book as a free book from the author it is signed its a give-a-way from goodreads.

Prognosis for Happiness is about a Doctor named Gwen Meyer who is a doctor for children. She helps the children of her home town of Brook Haven. She takes care of this little five year old named Abby. Her mother Tina is so overprotective of her. She brings the little girl in if she scraps her knees and she believes that Gwen isn't doing a good job. So Tina calls her Hollywood plastic surgeon brother Trevor Kendall. When he sees his nieces charts, he think his sister is being over dramatic and doesn't see why he was called because he thinks Gwen is doing a good job. Abby gets brought in again while Trevor is there. She has a fever and so other aliments so Gwen takes one look at her and thinks she got bite by a tick and sure enough Abby tells her mom and Gwen and Trevor that while she was at a play-date with her friend she got bite by a tick and the girls mother took it off and flushed it down the toilet.

So they take tests of little Abby but they won't be back til Monday, they believe she has Rocky Mountain spotted fever which can be very dangerous. So instead of waiting for the results back they treat her for it because they are pretty sure that is what she has cause she has all the symptoms.

She ends up making a full recovery. Then another patient comes in and he got attacked by a dog. Gwen asks Trevor to help seeing how the patient is probably gonna need plastic surgery. His face got some of it but his hand gets the most of the brunt of the attack. Trevor rushes him to Nashville to get taken care of and get into surgery the next day free of charge, cause the doctors did it probono. It hurts Gwen's feelings because other doctor had cut her out of going and she wanted to make sure her patient was fine. Trevor flies back and she is wicked mad. He tells her he didn't do it on purpose to set things up without disusing it with her. The surgery goes well and Gwen was there to see the father and patient and make sure they were both good.
He pulled through surgery but he has a long road ahead of him with more than that one surgery to help his hand.

IN the process of all the things going around them. Gwen and Trevor fall for each other but are scared of showing there feelings. Read so you can see if they make their relationship work.

I can say I really enjoyed this book, It is one of my favorite love stories, and I will be reading this again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prognosis for Happiness.

07/28/2012 page 119