Louise Kemp's Reviews > Zane's Redemption

Zane's Redemption by Tina Folsom

Jul 18, 12

Read from July 13 to 17, 2012

I will start with an admission I lurve a bit of vampire erotica/romance, and I lurve a bad boy !! Zane was introduced to us readers in Amaury's Hellion, and as soon as I read about him I wanted to know more and get into his character and back story, this book doesn't disappoint on these fronts as it gives you plenty of both!! It's hard to write this review as there are a few surprises along the way that I wouldn't want to give away and spoil anyone's reading pleasure, so I have given a brief outline of the story and my thoughts. I will also give a guarantee, if you have read the other Scanguards books you are about to become a member of team Zane, and you will not be disappointed lol :o)

The book gets straight into the action with Zane being a vigilante and brutally killing a rapist. When Samson hears of his actions Zane has his class A authorization revoked and is given a baby sitting job looking after 20yr old Portia, while the Scanguard boss decides what further action to take.
Portia is a hybrid vamp with a problem, once she turns 21 her body will set in it's final vampire form and she will be forever a virgin. This is something she doesn't want as every time she has sex as a vampire it will be a painful experience. With her father leaving town on business Scanguards are called in by her overbearing father to protect her virginity, whilst Portia is determined to loose it. There is an instant attraction between Zane and Portia and the chemistry is HOT, they have a will they won't they thing going on !! There are lots of twists and turns for the coupe and when Portia goes missing the full Scanguard cast is there to help. I love how the rest of the cast of Scanguards are always included and still developing in each book we are also introduced to Zane's oldest friend Quinn and his new buddy little Z ;O)

I was very nervous before reading this book, the similarities between Zane and Zsadist from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series are very strong and Lover Awakened is one of my all time favorite books, I was worried this would be to similar to that and I would be disappointed...... well I need not have worried !!!
I absolutely loved this character, he is the bad boy of the pack and the other guys always jump to conclusions regarding his actions and his character and think the worst of him. He has kept his past a secret from his colleagues and he isn't really close to any of them. His back story was heart wrenching and so well written, you could totally understand how and why he has become the cold calculating killer he is now and even feel his loss and sympathize.

My only criticism would be that I wanted more, I could have read double what was written I wanted to know more about Zane's back story. I would have like more time for the build up of the Zane and Portia relationship and then I wanted to spend more time with the couple!! This is more a compliment to the writer for creating such good characters that I want to spend more time with.
Overall another great book in the series, I cannot praise this series enough and it always gets my 5* rating. Now looking forward to the next book which I believe is Quinn's story :O)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zane's Redemption.

07/14/2012