Laura Graves's Reviews > Fever Moon: The Fear Dorcha

Fever Moon by Karen Marie Moning

Jul 11, 12

bookshelves: 2012, graphic-novels
Read on July 11, 2012

The moment I heard about Fever Moon, it was on my TBR. I am a HUGE fan of the Fever series and seeing all these characters in graphic form is something I couldn’t miss. This particular story takes place during Shadowfever, so I don’t recommend picking it up unless you’ve read the whole series. It might ruin the story for you. Think of it as a little extra story, this time with full color graphics. I loved this extra. It’s just enough to satisfy me before Iced comes out.

Mackayla Lane is one of my favorite characters ever. Are there more heroines out there like her? I need to find more urban fantasy that’s as awesome as this. I just love the woman she turns into by book five. I’m on the verge of gushing, but just writing about this makes me want to re-read the books right now. The only thing I didn’t like about Mac’s appearance in this book were her facial expressions. She constantly looks like she’s trying to solve a difficult equation. Barrons wasn’t what I envisioned either, but I think the adaptation is fitting. I love how everything he wears seems to outline his big muscles. That made me giggle a little bit. I never gave much thought to what Dani looked like so my image of her is now based on this graphic novel.

I loved the plot. It was perfect for a short extra. It kept me very engaged and had a page-turning climax. I was also perfectly satisfied by the dynamic between Mac and Barrons. I love their dialogue and this mostly satisfied my craving. I say mostly because I will always want more Mac and Barrons.

I loved Fever Moon. I knew I would. That’s why I bought it the day it came out like a dork. I highly recommend this to lovers of the Fever series. And if you haven’t read the Fever series, you need to. Then, read this.

Content: Profanity, violence, gore, semi-nudity, and sexual content
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fever Moon.