LaFleurBleue's Reviews > What Price Love?

What Price Love? by Stephanie Laurens

Jul 20, 12

bookshelves: romance-histo, e-book
Read from July 18 to 22, 2012

Well that wasn't great and not up to par with the others.
Actually I liked the investigation involving racing scam.
I kind of liked the hero Dillon, though he was not among my preffered hero in the hero; he was just playing too much being perfect after having been involved in a scam himself while much younger (cf A rogue's proposal).
The main problem was however the heroine who from beginning till end of the book kept encroaching upon my nerves. She's so convinced to be the most exceptional beauty of her time and the most intelligent lady as well, although no one sees that because all the others are just so owerawed by her beauty that they see nothing else. And that's probably the reason why she'll end up a spinster all alone. Well to my honest opinion, it's mostly because she's so conceited that no one can bear her for more than a few minutes.
Page 32 "You fear him. Why?" [...] - "I think it's because he's so very handsome-just like me. [...] And just like me, people look no further than his face and figure, and forget that there's a very good brain at work behind the mouthwatering façade."
She really acts stupidly, especially in her trying to seduce Dillon to make him divulge secrets. And I really did not like their using sex to try to get what they wanted from the others. I also did not like that sex between them replaced a lot of dialogues but that was the ultimate proof for me that they were much more superficial that what the author tried to say.
The worst book in the series so far, to my opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Price Love?.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jenny Schinke I agree. It took me a long time to get into this book, and now that I'm finished with it, all I can think is, meh.