LaFleurBleue's Reviews > The Perfect Lover

The Perfect Lover by Stephanie Laurens

Jul 13, 12

bookshelves: romance-histo, e-book
Read in July, 2012

The "romance" plot was very typical of Stephanie Laurens : a heroine willing to discover what can be the possible attractions of marriage, the discoveries taking place with someone she's known her whole life, the hero former-rake just decided to create a family realizing she's his perfect bride-to-be.
Honestly this resembled very much the previous books but was nicely and quite convincingly written that I bought it, yet rolled my eyes at one or 2 scenes.
However what was different and what I really liked in this book was the secondary characters and plot. It takes place during a house party, during which a young married lady behaves with no respect to convenances and is finally found murdered. I really liked how the atmosphere progressively deteriorates while Kitty's behaviour flirts with the inacceptable and the investigation afterwards aiming at identifying the mean culprit.
While very predictable on the romance side and the too-classic way this unravels, it was nevertheless an enjoyable read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Lover.