Ibraheem's Reviews > The Little Drummer Girl

The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré

Aug 02, 12

Read from July 11 to 31, 2012

I'm more of a movies' addict, not so much a books' guy, and I got to know John Le Carre's work through (Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy) the film..
This book is my first read for him, and I must say I really understood through it the way the aforementioned film was made, they both start every were with so many characters heavily described giving you the feeling that it'll play a principal role in the novel (which it then doesn't) leaves you almost understanding nothing even after 5 chapters..then everything hits you in a not-so-near-the-end point where you're instantly able to place every character and event successfully.
His manner of describing the way Charlie had chose to conduct herself after being informed of the operation, through "The Theater of the Real" is exceptional..and the vacuum she was left to endure after the operation ended..the way she and Joseph were unknowingly feeling the same each in their own way..the book simply enchanted me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Little Drummer Girl.