KatLynne's Reviews > Creed

Creed by Kristen Ashley

“Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.”…..Emily Bronte

Creed is the second installment in Kristen Ashley’s Unfinished Hero Series and a HUGE hit with me! I was enthralled as the story weaves back and forth in time, taking me from present day Colorado back into a small Kentucky town twenty eight years earlier. There I met six year old Sylvie and eleven year old Tucker Creed. Through the hardships of their childhood, a deep abiding friendship blossoms. Creed becomes her protector and as the years go by this special relationship develops into a beautiful and unwavering love.

They both agreed they had to leave this town to escape the monsters that also lived there. For Sylvie, one was called Dad and the other was referred to as stepmonster. Creed had one too, and her name was Mom.

So they plotted and planned, excited and looking forward to the day they could launch their future together. All packed, the meeting place and time arranged, the hope in their hearts is palpable. But, Sylvie’s Creed never shows. She's devastated and overcome with shock and grief. The Creed I had come to know would never leave his Sylvie waiting. She was his love, his heart, the very breath he needed to survive.

"Born to love you, baby," he repeated. "Die lovin' you, my Sylvie."

Tucker Creed aka Creed is much more than another badass, alpha hero. The manner in which the author reveals his layers had me falling for him slowly, bit-by-bit up until my total surrender.

The agony of living a life without Sylvie has left a man who merely exists. When circumstances once again change his life drastically, he steps up to the plate to do what is right. Even with the few rays of brightness that have been given back into his life, he’s still empty and loving only one woman.

We find Sylvie in Colorado doing work for Knight Sebring. She’s a kick-ass heroine and not the same young, innocent girl Creed knew sixteen years earlier. She takes no crap and is capable of taking care of herself in almost every way. Traumatized by betrayal and living a life of abuse, she’s wrapped herself deep in a protective shell. Shaped by life’s lessons, I understood her reasoning and fears. Her background of horror is overwhelming, leaving in its wake a determination I admired.

Kristen Ashley has once again given us a story that drew me in completely. I easily became submerged into the life of this couple. I felt their joy and hope as they made plans for a future together and then the despair and desolation when separated. The hardships they endured as children and the incredible pain they each suffered as adults brought me into their darkness. With everything shattered, we get to see how life has molded each of them. There's also beauty to be found in Creed’s determination to bring healing to Sylvie.

While there is a small plot surrounding Knight’s business, the focus is totally on Creed and Sylvie. Their love conquered the demons and we are given an emotional, heartbreaking yet triumphant love story. From early on you know they are “two halves of one whole.” And while painful to watch, it was such a beautiful thing seeing these two come back to each other. Creed’s Sylvie and Sylvie’s Creed...it couldn't be any other way.

The epilogue is right up there among her other greats and the small inclusion of Hawk made my day!

“In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” ….Mia Angelo
30 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Creed.

09/19/2012
56.0% "Lots of pain. I'm loving the story!" 2 comments
09/19/2012
75.0% "WOW! That old saying "two halves of one whole" sure fits this couple!"
09/20/2012
85.0% "One thing for sure about Creed and Sylvie, they belong to each other and have since..forever! With so much pain, KA has given us a beautiful love story." 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Yaay! I'm so glad you loved this one too. I look forward to your full review, KatLynne.

KatLynne Thanks Kristen! I have it nearly finished and should be up soon.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Make sure you read KA Q&A about Creed and Sylvie that's posted in the group. You will love them even more after you read what she has to say.

KatLynne Kristen wrote: "Make sure you read KA Q&A about Creed and Sylvie that's posted in the group. You will love them even more after you read what she has to say."

Ohhh, Thanks Kristen! I didn't realize we had this. Going to check it out tonight:)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter I hit the "like" button now, KatLynne. Great review!

KatLynne Thanks sweet friend! I'm sorry this one didn't work for you:(

Karla Oooooooh, I love those quotes! I can't wait for you full review! This was such a special read!

KatLynne Karla wrote: "Oooooooh, I love those quotes! I can't wait for you full review! This was such a special read!"

Thanks Karla! As I read Creed and Sylvie's story, these quotes kept popping in my head and I thought they were so befitting this couple. KA did a fantastic job conveying this message throughout the book.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter KatLynne wrote: "Thanks sweet friend! I'm sorry this one didn't work for you:("

KatLynne Baba wrote: "KatLynne wrote: "Thanks sweet friend! I'm sorry this one didn't work for you:("

That's ok, KatLynne. No worries. Not every book is going to work out for every reader. :)"

So true sweet friend:)

message 11: by Jill (new)

Jill A long, thorough and thoughtful review, KatLynne! I'm still surprised at the range of opinions from friends from dnf, to 1 star through to 5 stars.

Glad you loved it and wonderful review as always, KatLynne!

message 12: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Great review KatLynne!

KatLynne Jill wrote: "A long, thorough and thoughtful review, KatLynne! I'm still surprised at the range of opinions from friends from dnf, to 1 star through to 5 stars.

Glad you loved it and wonderful review as alway..."

Thanks Jilly! One of these days I'm going to master the art of putting my feelings down in fewer words...LOL

I had read a few reviews before I started that had me a little concerned. Now that I've finished, I understand better many of their feelings. But for me, this one clicked and while not perfect, I found it to be a very beautiful love story. I've missed that lately in many of the books I've read.

KatLynne Wendy wrote: "Great review KatLynne!"

Thanks Wendy:)!

message 15: by Jill (new)

Jill KatLynne wrote: "Jill wrote: "A long, thorough and thoughtful review, KatLynne! I'm still surprised at the range of opinions from friends from dnf, to 1 star through to 5 stars.

Glad you loved it and wonderful re..."

There's another certainty in life besides death and taxes. There will never be a book that pleases every reader!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Great review KatLynne, glad you loved it :)

Karla Beautiful dear friend, just beautiful! I wasn't a fan of the last book in this series, it was just okay for me, but this one...this one was wonderful. Gave me the KA tingles that I love so much!

KatLynne Jill wrote: "KatLynne wrote: "Jill wrote: "A long, thorough and thoughtful review, KatLynne! I'm still surprised at the range of opinions from friends from dnf, to 1 star through to 5 stars.

Glad you loved it..."

So true sweet friend:)

KatLynne Blacky wrote: "Great review KatLynne, glad you loved it :)"

Thanks Blacky! I'm sorry this didn't work for you. This one seems to bring a range of opinions that's for sure:) I understand KA has answered questions about this book on her Group page. I haven't had a chance to check it out but hoping to do so soon. Hope your next read is a good one sweet friend!

message 20: by Kelly (last edited Sep 26, 2012 09:40AM) (new) - added it

Kelly Wonderful review, KatLynne! I really wasn't all that thrilled with Knight, but I think I might enjoy this one. There have been so many mixed reviews its hard to say, really.

KatLynne Karla wrote: "Beautiful dear friend, just beautiful! I wasn't a fan of the last book in this series, it was just okay for me, but this one...this one was wonderful. Gave me the KA tingles that I love so much!"

Thanks Karla! I thought the love story was near perfect, making this work for me. Your review is so fabulous sweet friend! I loved it!

Blacky *Romance Addict* KatLynne wrote: "Blacky wrote: "Great review KatLynne, glad you loved it :)"

Ah well I guess it was bound to happen lol, I can't love every single one of her books :) but from all the feeds, I'm thinking I'll be doing some re-reads soon, probably H&H :)

Shawna Wonderful review, KatLynne! You summed it up beautifully! This is one of my favorite KA reads, too!

KatLynne Blacky wrote: "KatLynne wrote: "Blacky wrote: "Great review KatLynne, glad you loved it :)"

Oh Blacky, H&H is one of my faves! I am really looking forward to doing a re-read on that one too.

KatLynne Shawna wrote: "Wonderful review, KatLynne! You summed it up beautifully! This is one of my favorite KA reads, too!"

Thanks you Shawna! I devoured this so fast and hope to find the time soon to do a re-read:)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Let me know and we can buddy :) just love that book :)

KatLynne Kelly wrote: "Wonderful review, KatLynne! I really wasn't all that thrilled with Knight, but I think I might enjoy this one. There have been so many mixed reviews its hard to say, really."

Thanks Kelly! While I did enjoy Knight, I found this one to be so much better. KA gives us a beautiful love story and I fell so hard for Creed:) If you do get a chance to read it I hope you love it too.

KatLynne Blacky wrote: "Let me know and we can buddy :) just love that book :)"

Blacky *Romance Addict* KatLynne wrote: "Blacky wrote: "Let me know and we can buddy :) just love that book :)"

Such a great idea Blacky and it will be lots of fun reading together:)! Now if only I can find the time."

HAH! Same with me too, I've been reading the same book for 6 days now, hopefully I'll finish it tonight :S It doesn't have to be soon, whenever you catch the time just PM me :)

KatLynne Blacky wrote: "KatLynne wrote: "Blacky wrote: "Let me know and we can buddy :) just love that book :)"

H..."

LOL...I've been reading TR's The Angel for 2 days now. Hoping to really get into it tonight. I'll PM you soon and see if we can find a time that works for both of us. Looking forward to the buddy read Blacky!

message 32: by Crista (new)

Crista Ahhh......what a beautiful review KatLynne! I've been nervous to give this one a try after some bad reviews, but you and Kristen loved it and you both have impeccable taste:) Thank you!

KatLynne Crista wrote: "Ahhh......what a beautiful review KatLynne! I've been nervous to give this one a try after some bad reviews, but you and Kristen loved it and you both have impeccable taste:) Thank you!"

You've just given my ego a boost sweet friend...LOL Seriously, thank you for the nice compliment:) I loved Creed. I thought it one of the most beautiful love stories I've read. I hope it works for you too and I'm looking forward to your thoughts.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.”…..Emily Bronte

Beautiful review, Kat!

KatLynne UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "“Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.”…..Emily Bronte

Beautiful review, Kat!"

Thanks Dhes! From early on KA conveyed that theme throughout Creed & Sylvia's story. Just loved it:)

Auntee Awesome review!:)

KatLynne Auntee wrote: "Awesome review!:)"

Thank you Auntee;)! I just realized what a long review I submitted:-) Sometimes I get carried away.

Auntee It just shows how passionate you are about it!:)