Sheena's Reviews > The Devil's Punchbowl

The Devil's Punchbowl by Greg Iles

Jul 14, 12

Read from July 10 to 14, 2012

I couldn't put down Greg Iles "The Devils Punchbowl." I've just started reading the Penn Cage novels. This book wasn't hard to follow, having not read the first two books. The Devils Punchbowl was a fast paced suspense novel, with many intense events throughout this book. This book is not for the squeamish. It's a fast paced page turner filled with rape, dogfighting, legal bureaucracy with a web of deceit and betrayal. There is a love story woven throughout the book, but its not the focal point of the book.

Penn Cage is suppose to be the "hero." However, the character that truly stuck out to me was Kelly. I really enjoyed his character (his trusted friend from Blackhawk Risk Management). Kelly's existentialism complimented the more traditional moral compass of Cage's character. Kelly's snide remarks throughout the book added a humorous component to the novel. I thought all the characters in the novel were well developed. As the book unfolds, all the characters roles seamlessly fall into place.

Overall, this was a great read. I'm looking forward to reading the first two Penn Cage novels that I missed out on.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil's Punchbowl.

07/11/2012 page 54