Krystl Louwagie's Reviews > The False Princess

The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal

Jul 27, 12

Read from July 10 to 27, 2012

This book did have some real potential, but things were repeated too many times and the main character made too many stupid decisions. Plus, everything was pushed to the limit a bit too far. There were glimmers of interest here and there, and it really wasn't too bad of a book, I just wasn't that interested most of the time.

The only thing I really loved was a concept that wasn't realized all that much-the idea of splitting a person's soul into multiple people and the affect it could have on people's relationships. Also, I liked the idea of the False Princess, but didn't feel like it was realized-I feel like the plot was an after thought, almost, to just tell the story of a teenage girl finding her place in the world. I wanted some more umph.

But overall, I felt a little like this book didn't know what it was supposed to be. But I don't really know what to say to defend that position. There are all sorts of parallels I think girls are supposed to draw to their own lives-questioning other people's motives, learning to be yourself and accepting it, etc., etc. Some things were just very unnecessary-which I feel a lot about deaths in stories-if you're going to have someone die, make it important and make it fair. But authors reeeeally like to lay favorites.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The False Princess.