Kimberly Souza's Reviews > Blood Crave

Sep 17, 12

Read in September, 2012

THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS

“Blood Crave” by, Jennifer Knight

*First I need to tell you that this book is a sequel. The first book in this series is called “Blood on the Moon” and I really enjoyed it.

This series follows Faith Reynolds, her werewolf boyfriend Lucas, and her best friend Derek. In “Blood on the moon” Faith finds out about the supernatural world, learns about a vampire uprising, and falls in love with Lucas. At the end of the first book Derek is bitten by both a vampire and a werewolf, and we are left with lots of questions. “Blood crave” lets us know what happens to Derek and we find out more about the vampire threat. We also get to delve deeper into the relationship between Faith and Lucas which is my favorite part.

Let me start out by saying that overall I liked “Blood crave” and I will continue reading the series. I felt like the book had a good flow and it kept my interest till the last page. (It also had an unexpected twist that was my favorite part of the book) I enjoyed the romance between Faith and Lucas and was happy to see it grow deeper. I also felt that the changes with Derek were very interesting and I look forward to seeing what’s in store for him in the next book.

Now to the thing that bothered me. I really felt like all three of the main characters spent too much time throwing emotional tantrums. Faith, Lucas, and Derek kept doing things that made me want to reach in the book and shake them. That being said, I have to give the author props for eliciting emotion from me. (I was not bored) I have heard some readers say that they get annoyed with too much teen angst in a book. I feel that if you are going to read a teen novel that you have to go into it expecting the angst and just go with it.

Like I said above, I enjoyed “Blood crave” and I am excited to read the third book in the series. Jennifer Knight is a talented new author and I am happy to have her books in my collection. (Just a side note: “Blood crave” has some sexual content but it’s tastefully done and is safe for younger readers)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Crave.

09/12/2012 page 150
09/14/2012 page 240
48.0% "Some of the characters are pissing me off but the writing is just as good as the first book. Very fluid."
show 2 hidden updates…