Autumn Review's Reviews > Reckless

Reckless by Cheryl Douglas

Jul 10, 12

bookshelves: review, blog-tours
Read in July, 2012

Well, we're going on to book 4 in the series and I have to say that I'm still really enjoying it. I like the way the characters develop and like that they have some good stuff to sort through to get to their happy endings.

In the first three books, Avery is somewhat in the background. Yes, she's Trey's publicist and former lover, but I didn't feel like we knew too much about her. I have to say, I really liked her. I wasn't sure that I would going in to this book. As I write this, I remember feeling that way about Luc in the last book, but the author made me love him too. She has a knack for pulling out the goods.

Now, Avery comes from a high society family and doesn't really have a good perception on what a healthy relationship involves. So, when she develops strong feelings for Ty, (and who wouldn't) it feels foreign and scary for her. I loved watching Ty break down her walls.

Ty, on the other hand, comes from a normal, healthy, happy family. He knows what he wants and isn't afraid to show it or go after it. Of course, it helps that he's drop dead gorgeous. Ty's not without his faults though and he has a pretty tough road to prove himself to Avery. I think it will be interesting to see how their relationship continues as Ty becomes more successful.

This series is a definite must read for me. I always keep my eye out for the next books release and jump at the chance to review it. I'm invested into this groups' lives now. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming books in the series. We will learn more about the handsome McCall brothers and how their lives will intertwine with the rest of the bunch. CAN'T WAIT!

If you looking for a great Contemporary Romance series, I really do recommend this one. The books are somewhat predictable, but in a comforting way. I hope you fall in love with the characters as much as I have.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reckless.