Melissa's Reviews > Falling Kingdoms

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Jul 10, 2012

liked it

** spoiler alert ** Falling Kingdoms ---

Another wow book. The books just keep getting better and better as I get them. I don't know How to put into words how I feel about this book because I felt SO much during this book. The characters were amazingly written and the different POV's was equally amazing. You are seeing the same thing through different eyes. This book stole my heart and I can not wait to see what happens next.
Aw

I will start with Cleo, wow what an amazing character. She is someone people should look up too, she was truly amazing. In the beginning you see her as a carefree princess, one who gets what she wants by doing something about it, and by the end she has seen many things no one should see, and has become an even stronger person and more determined than ever . She is going to  do whatever it takes to get everything back on track, get revenge for Theons death which about killed me!!! She is going to surprise many characters, she has so much life in her, so much fight and people under estimate her and she will use that t her advantage. By the end you want to hug her, comfort her and get her out of there. She has no idea what is in store for her but she will be strong, not break and get back her kingdom, and her revenge.

Jonas ah Jonas who has so much anger, and hatred right now and rightfully so. He saw his brother murdered before his eyes and the pretty princess not doing a thing about it. He wants revenge and he wants it now, but how will it take her down a peg?! What he doesn't know is the remorse and built she has. The nightmares. All he saw was a cold princess, standing by. But he can't top thinking of her, he doesn't think what is wrong with him. He plays right into the Blood Kings hands and now he has no way of turning back. He knew something was wrong, but he didn't stop all he could think of was revenge. Now he has to ally himself with the one girl who he despises most, but you know what they say love and hate are usually the same thing.

Then there is Prince Magnus and Princess Lucia who I am not really fond of but they are also a big part of what is going on. Magnus is in love with his sister he knows it is wrong but he can't help it, he is a disappointment to his father and doesn't really understand why. He doesn't believe in magic until he sees it with his own eyes. I think he is a coward, he takes cheap shots, uses things against people, and is just plain rude. He is someone I don't understand which is a good and bad thing, because even when I am in his head you don't really get him. And Lucia is someone who just bows down and takes what is given. She is another unique character who you don't really get to know even though you are also in her head at times.

There is so much going on between four characters, that it gets overwhelming but you are loving it to see so many views. I loved this book and I absolutely love Cleo and Jonas. They are all going through a million things but really the same thing. I don't know where this is headed but I can't wait to find out!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling Kingdoms.