Brenda Demko's Reviews > Dead Radiance

Dead Radiance by T.G. Ayer

Jul 25, 12

Read from July 10 to 25, 2012

First off I really like this cover! It definitely catches the eye. It really portraits Bryn the main character. The book begins with Bryn being a somewhat normal teenager. If it is normal to be a foster child who shares a home with three other foster children and a loving, understanding mother. Bryn's had an unusual ability since she was five. She can see a glow around some people and lately it's been shining around her best friend Joshua, so much so that she's been avoiding him. She doesn't know for sure what it means and she can't tell him or anyone else that she sees things that no one else is seeing. Can you say loony bin?

After an accident claims Joshua's life but leaves her alive, she becomes a pariah. Everyone thinks she's a freak that took one of their best away from them. They feel that it should have been her instead. Not long after, Aidan, a new foster kid moves in. They have a love/hate relationship from the beginning.

Bryn starts to depend on Aidan and he leaves. Not long after that goons come looking for her and things really get interesting when she gets whisked away to a place that she thought was only make believe.

I have to say that the characters have personalities that are very believable. We do find out what the glow means and so much more! This book has some Gods and Goddesses, ulfrs which are shapeshifters, valkyries, and a story that has you entranced from the beginning till end.

T.G. has such a wonderful imagination! She is so descriptive that you can almost visualize being there with Bryn. Dead Radiance was completely different. There was not one moment that was reminiscent of other books! :D

Dead Radiance had intrigue, action galore (look at the cover, that sword's not just a decoration!), and a touch of romance. I could go on and on I enjoyed it so much! I recommend this book to everyone who's looking for a great paranormal story to read.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I honestly loved it! I can't wait to read her next book Dead Embers.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Radiance.

07/10/2012
22.0% "It's getting good!"
show 1 hidden update…