Pam's Reviews > Gold

Gold by Chris Cleave

F_50x66
Jul 16, 12

Read from July 10 to 16, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: once

Saw the author again (originally saw him for the Little Bee book tour) and he is still a very nice man with a big heart. He explained more this time about all his books and what he tries to do. There were questions about Little Bee's ending which there are at all his appearances and this time he explained what he tries to do with each of his books.
He starts out with a question that he would like an answer to and because there is usually no complete answer, the endings are not what people want to hear, but it does lead to many discussions which is what he is hoping will happen. "Gold" was an attempt to find out how people balance it all - career, family, play - especially among those such as athletes where they have to give so very much time to their craft.
In "Little Bee" the question was how do you know how much to give to someone to help them. So, you have an open ended finish------
If Little Bee lives, Sarah gave enough
If Little Bee dies, she didn't
At any rate, I've read all three books, with "Little Bee" being the best and I will read whatever else he writes. He has another book in his head and he knows the question he will ask.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gold.