Natalie's Reviews > Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar

Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed

F 50x66
Aug 04, 2012

Recommended to Natalie by: Time
Read in August, 2012

I received this book as a First Reads giveaway. I had never heard of Sugar or Cheryl Strayed before I read the review of this book in Time.

I've read several of the reviews already posted, and I absolutely agree with most--the advice given in these letters comes from a very wise, insightful, honest, and kind place. The writing is astonishing and beautiful. I found myself crying my eyes out numerous times. I plan to re-read the book and this time mark the passages that I will want to return to again. In most cases, I completely agree with the advice given. The one area that I disagree with Sugar is in her belief that casual, no-strings-attached sex is not only ok, but necessary.

A warning to those who object--the book is bursting with profanity and contains explicit descriptions of sex and incest. I am one who objects to reading such, but still found the book deeply meaningful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiny Beautiful Things.