Laura Thomas's Reviews > ALIBI: The Complete Series

ALIBI by Annie Miles

Jul 10, 12

Read in July, 2012

Bravo to twist Literary.
This is a whole new way to tell a story. Four authors, four 100 page books, one event.
Each author writes from their character's point of view. It is very unique and fun and it works with Alibi.
Every one has an alibi.
No one is innocent.
The stories all revolve around the murder of a young girl, Abby.
Each author tells the mystery from their character's point of view, recalling what happened leading up to and after the murder. I really liked how one story sometimes filled in the blanks left in another character's story. You get a feel for each of the suspects and get to see events through their eyes.
All of the characters are flawed, as are real people, which makes them more real to me. They all have secrets that will be revealed, including Abby. You may not like all of them, but you will get drawn into their stories.
This is a great who-dun-it with all of the mystery, lies and alibis(had to say it) required to keep you guessing and searching for clues, which are doled out slowly. I had a sense of who the killer was about halfway through, but as with all great mysteries, you never really know until the end.
Alibi made me think and ask questions. Polish up your detective skills and put on your thinking caps. Let's solve a murder.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read ALIBI.