Kalejay's Reviews > Hollowed

Hollowed by Kelley York

Aug 13, 12

Read from July 28 to August 13, 2012

I was lucky enough to be granted an ARC of this book and it more than lived up to my expectations. I really loved this. Kelley York is a brilliant story teller and builds her characters beautifully. I think it's very important to care about the characters you're reading about, and York manages to achieve that.

I really liked the author's vampires. Although this is a paranormal story, a lot of the time it felt very human. Briar hurts. She bleeds, she sleeps, she cries, she stumbles... You don't have to be like her to relate to her.

Daniel has to be my favorite character. I think he was very important for Briar. Without him I think she would have cracked. He's therapy. A warm blanket of comfort. I really loved him and the affection he gave. His caring and kindness and loyalty. Love.

Overall, I found this book to be quite the gem. It was exciting, emotional, surprising, and completely satisfying. There were no loose ends to tie up yet it does leave an opening for more. Great balance of fantastic writing and intriguing story line. I'm a big fan of Kelley and I look forward to seeing more from her.

Goodnight, Hollowed... ;)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hollowed.

07/28/2012 page 8 "So honored to be reading this ARC *giddy giggling* A paranormal by Kelley York. I'm so excited!" 2 comments
07/29/2012 page 39 "Intriguing so far. I like the lack of an uncontrollable urge to drink blood. Treating it as just food instead of some incredible force puts a new spin on it. I like it when an author takes risks to change things in typical mythology. Liking this so far..."
08/02/2012 page 61 "A big part of me wants Daniel to shape-shift into a human and tease Briar about seeing her naked in the tub." 1 comment
08/05/2012 page 92 "Say WHAAAAAT?? What's your deal, Noah?"
08/05/2012 page 102 "Hello, human Daniel. Nice to meet you, mon cher. I think I love you *shy smile*"
08/06/2012 page 135 "Big happenings!"
08/07/2012 page 145 "Chapter 22 is my favorite so far. Oliver's backstory is heartbreaking. Another general detail about this vamp mythology that I enjoy is how the people that they feed from aren't even aware what's happening to them. Very interesting take. I like."
08/08/2012 page 160 "This just went from, "I love this" to "I FUCKING love this!"" 2 comments
08/11/2012 page 184 "Dun, dun, dunnnn!"
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nyrae Dawn Enjoy!

Kelley York Thank you, my dear!!

Kalejay Thank YOU!