Saly's Reviews > Star Crossed

3192922
Jul 11, 2012

bookshelves: single-titles, rom-contemporary, read-in-2012
Read in July, 2012

This book was much longer and layered than the last. There was a lot of sex which I kind of skimmed and I loved the romance. Romeo is the rival of her friend Clay but they spend one awesome night together and after that exchange texts and video chat. I love how strong Jules, lawyer, multitasker, Deputy, almost Olympian became Juliet for Romeo. She is no longer one from the Conner family, known for their bad heartbreaks. Jules has never fallen for anyone, unlike her brother Wyatt the Sheriff who is still not over Tabitha, who left. I loved how Romeo and Juliet fall for each other. They sneak around when Clay trains Romeo.

Romeo was a guy not afraid of showing his emotions who was dealt a crappy card. He had spent two years in prison, which left his two brothers under the control of their mob father(not his father) and by the time he got out both his brothers were changed irrevocably, soldiers for the mob. His brother Nova the genius was the reason that their father took an interest in them. Their mother was his girlfriend on the side and when after her death Romeo refused contact, he had Romeo assaulted by dirty cops which led him to prison. Poor Nova, could see no way out of that life, his own father setting up Romeo. In the end Tino and Romeo got out but not him, all for brotherly love. You could not help but alternately dislike and like the two poor brothers who never had a chance once their dad got his clutches on them.

Wyatt having had only Jules for so long, wanting her protected. The book has a lot of action, shooting and a hell lot of build-up done for other books in the series. I am so waiting for Wyatt's book because as of right now Tabitha does sound like a bitch.

Overall a lovely romance!!
18 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Star Crossed.

Jill Wonderful review, Saly! I am so looking forward to this as I loved book #1.

Mareli Great review, Saly :)

Saly Jill wrote: "Wonderful review, Saly! I am so looking forward to this as I loved book #1."

Well, IMO it is better than the first so hopefully it will be for you as well. In a way this book introduces many characters who will get their own story in the future without feeling like information dump.

Saly Mareli wrote: "Great review, Saly :)

I've already put this book on my TBR after reading the first one and I'm glad this one is longer and full. This author is good."

Thanks, Mareli. Yeah longer is better, shows what Kele is capable of. I just got into this author and I am glad I did. I gave her a miss earlier since I don't do too sexy authors but this one is great & you can always skim the sex scenes.

message 5: by Jae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jae God, how I envy you fast-reader people.
I have yet to finish the last book I started 3 days ago.

Saly Jae wrote: "God, how I envy you fast-reader people.
I have yet to finish the last book I started 3 days ago."

Ah..Jae blame my holidays :D If college was on, it would have taken me longer as well.

Mareli Saly wrote:
"....& you can always skim the sex scenes. "

Saly Mareli wrote: "Saly wrote:
"....& you can always skim the sex scenes. "
LOL! I do the same! When is too "complicated" or long, I skip until the next scene!"

Hee..me too :)

Jessica Great review, Saly! :)

message 10: by Saly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Saly Jessica wrote: "Great review, Saly! :)"

Thanks, Jessica.

KatLynne Great review Saly and can't wait to get this one!

message 12: by Saly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Saly KatLynne wrote: "Great review Saly and can't wait to get this one!"

Thanks, KatLynne & I hope you enjoy it.

~ Becs ~ Great review Saly :-)

message 14: by Saly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Saly Becs wrote: "Great review Saly :-)"

Thank you soo much, Becs.

Vashti Wonderful review Saly,I have this obe lined up to read soon.