jzhunagev's Reviews > Think and Grow Rich

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

Oct 30, 08

bookshelves: self-help-psychology, inspirational, non-fiction, award-winning-best-seller, business-books
Recommended to jzhunagev by: No one. It just flashed in my mind.
Recommended for: all people who wants to be inspired.
Read in April, 2008, read count: 2

I bought this book just as the year 2008 is starting. What's odd about this is that I don't even have any inkling of what kind of a book this is when I bought it in downtown Recto (I eventually found that it belong to the self-help genre). The book's title, "Think and Grow Rich" by napoleon Hill just flashed in my mind and, finding no prospective book to read at that time, I plunged on. As of this writing, I had finished the second round of reading it with future plans of doing it the third, fourth, and fifth time as my time permits. But life is too short and there's too much of books I still got to read. ^_^
Anyway, I'd outlined here a summary of the book's philisophy of how to accumulate Huge Amounts of money. I also found fascinating the subjects on the Principle of Autosuggestion and (get this!!) The Mystery of Sex Transmutation! Getting curious what these are all about..?? Why don't you grab the book and be awakened by the eternal truths on how to "attract" the surging wave of riches.

* Find something you love to do. You have to love what you are doing; you have to be anxious to go to work in the morning. Until you find something that you really love to do, you are probably not going to be successful because just making money doesn't make you successful.
* Develop a plan of action. Developing a plan takes more than just thinking. You have to take action, too. Hill says you may not have all the details figured out in the beginning, but forming a plan is a good start. You can always alter your plan later on, he adds.
* Involve other people. Hill states that in addition to finding something we are passionate about, we need to align ourselves with other people to accomplish our goals. No matter how smart we are, we need others because we can't know everything about a particular thing.
* Don't forget to give back. The more success you have, the more you are in a position to give back and make a difference in the lives of others is the philosophy that I have imbibed by reading this book. Most people who have been successful are very willing to help someone else achieve their own goals.

I wish to state here the insights I've gained in reading this book, but I think it will deprive you of the fascination of knowing these things first hand. I envy you the journey of truly knowing yourself. Remember it's not the destination that matters, but how you've come to enjoy the journey and made the most out of it!
My warm regards and happy reading! ^_^

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Think and Grow Rich.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Enrique Ortiz I really like this book too and I plan to read more times :)

jzhunagev Enrique wrote: "I really like this book too and I plan to read more times :)"

I agree with you Enrique! I always read it annually to be inspired.

Thanks for liking my review man! ;)

Enrique Ortiz jzhunagev wrote: "Enrique wrote: "I really like this book too and I plan to read more times :)"

I agree with you Enrique! I always read it annually to be inspired.

Thanks for liking my review man! ;)"

yes! inspiration! I also recommend you to read talent is never enough a good book! :D it'll help you to grow more or another think like leonardo davinci! good readings :)