Marissa's Reviews > The Assassin and the Desert

The Assassin and the Desert by Sarah J. Maas

Jul 11, 12

bookshelves: my-ebooks, read-2012, reviews
Read from July 10 to 11, 2012

I am in love with these Throne of Glass novella. Sarah J. Maas knows how to write a mean story. Just as with The Assassin and the Pirate Lord I could not put The Assassin and the Desert Down.

Celaena is sent to an assassin school in the desert as punishment for what she and Sam did in the previous novella. In this story you see Celaena grow a lot and even become a bit less...prickly. Not to say that Celaena isn't her usually feisty self, because she most definitely is. I have fallen in love with Celaena Sardothien. She is now on my list of Top 5 favorite female characters of all time!

In the Assassin and the Desert we meet new characters, a new setting, and Celaena even gets herself a bit of a love interest. I was blown away by the world and new characters. Everything is so well developed and I find that surprising with how short the story is. One thing that did disappoint me was that Sam was not in The Assassin and the Desert. Other than Sam not being in it The Assassin and the Desert was fantastic!

Check out my other reviews on my blog The Young Adventuress
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Assassin and the Desert.