drey's Reviews > I've Got Your Number

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

Jul 10, 12

bookshelves: 2012-reads, romance-contemporary
Read in February, 2012

Sophie Kinsella’s I’ve Got Your Number is a typical Kinsella contemporary romance – it’s funny and romantic, at times silly, and just gives off loads of warm-fuzzies. Poppy Wyatt is in love and about to be married to the perfect man, but first she has to find her engagement ring – the one that’s been in her fiance’s family for generations. When we meet her, she’s in a complete tizzy – which doesn’t abate when her phone’s stolen. How unlucky can a girl in love be?

But Lady Luck must’ve been watching, because Poppy finds a phone – in the garbage, no less – and appropriates it. Because a girl in love, with a missing engagement ring, absolutely must have a phone. Right? Not according to Sam Roxton, it’s not. After all, the phone belongs to his PA. Or did, anyway…

And what comedy follows as Poppy assures Sam that she can handle passing on any messages (text, email, voice) that make its way to “her” phone, all so she can get a call when her ring’s found. Then – because Kinsella’s characters always have to meddle – Poppy decides to “help” Sam by replying to said messages. Never mind that she really doesn’t have any clue what the situation might be, or what she might be committing Sam to.

All of Kinsella’s heroines are a bit ditzy, and her heroes have the patience of saints. But she sure does entertain with her witty dialog, and in this case, snappy texts and emails. Definitely one for your shelf if you’re a fan of Brit chick-lit.

drey’s rating: Excellent!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I've Got Your Number.