David's Reviews > Batman and Robin, Vol. 1: Born to Kill

Batman and Robin, Vol. 1 by Peter J. Tomasi

Jul 13, 12

Read from July 10 to 13, 2012

I like this title best of the current Batman New 52 books.

Great to see Bruce as a father to Damien, who's a terrific character. He's a bit too dark like the Asian Batgirl from a few years ago, but I'm interested in seeing where his story goes. I hope he's around for a long time and that his character develops more. This is the only Batbook of the New 52 that actually finds some new ground.

Scott Snyder's Batman is full of Bat-cliches. Tony Daniel's art has declined, nor is he a great writer on Detective.

It's terrific Bruce is moving past his parents death. I love that he's going to celebrate their wedding anniversary instead of their killing. Plus, I'm very happy Bruce bought a new dog for Damien! He's been named Titus and he's a wonderful addition to the family. I'm looking forward to seeing Damien and Titus grow together.

Tomasi is a strong writer who's not appreciated enough. He's done some terrific work in the Green Lantern books over the past few years and I'm delighted he's doing Batman and Robin. I'd really like to see this title lighten the tone a bit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Batman and Robin, Vol. 1.