Rachel Naddeo's Reviews > Fall For You

Fall For You by Cecilia Gray

Jul 10, 2012

Read on July 10, 2012

www.bookstoconsider.blogspot.com

I'm a huge Jane Austen fan, so for me Fall For You was a must-read when the author mentioned that it was a retelling of Pride and Prejudice (my favorite Austen novel ever!). I know that probably many of you are afraid of reading a retelling of such a beloved novel but I can assure you that this one is worth it!

The Plot: Well, if you have read Pride and Prejudice, I'm sure you know how the story is going to unfold. However Fall For You takes place in present times and has a more modern feel to it. I loved how I could relate more to the retelling because, well, we live in 2012 and not in the 19th century! Even though I knew how everything would turn out, I found myself completely captivated by the story.

The Characters: All the characters are similar to those of Pride and Prejudice and they all have the same or similar names, so you won't have a problem to connect them to Austen's characters. I really loved the modernisation of the characters and their somewhat new characteristics. Furthermore Lizzie was even more likable for me because I also want to become a Journalist! Being a huge fan of Pride and Prejudice, I don't have any bad things to say about the other characters.

Gray did an awesome job retelling Austen's beloved novel in a way that will attract even more people nowadays. It tells the story in a way that stays true to the original but holds its own. Certainly some of you who love Jane Austen won't enjoy a retelling but I do advise you to give Fall For Me a chance! Gray's novel was a great summer read: light, easy and quick. Do get this one before the summer is over!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fall For You.