Kristal's Reviews > The Goddess Legacy

The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter

Jul 10, 2012

Read on July 10, 2012

Let me just start by saying that The Goddess Test series is worth the read! The novellas are also incredible - The Goddess Legacy being no exception. This book rocked how I viewed all of the characters in the series, giving them more depth and dimensions than I ever thought possible. Just thinking about it makes me want to re-read the series with this deeper understanding. I believe it would change the way I look at everything.

The Goddess Legacy starts at the beginning. I mean the very beginning - immediately after the Gods won the battle with the Titans and were deciding what they were going to do next. Who had jurisdiction in which area? And how would they be ruled and rule the mortals.

Hera (aka Calliope) is the first character we learn about. Reading Hera's story made it hard for me to remember just how bad she was. I feel as though I completely understand where she was coming from, and it freaks me out a little because she becomes pretty psychotic later. Poor Hera, Zeus treated her so poorly no wonder she went so sour and twisted. In Hera's mind, almost everything she did was to help. As soon as I had finished her section of the novel, I knew that I was going to re-read the series before the next book is released. It was very moving.

We also learn about Aphrodite (aka Ava), Persephone, Hermes (aka James) and Hades (aka Henry). All pivotal characters in The Goddess Test series and whose pasts had been hinted at, alluded to and slightly explained upon occasion, but never had the opportunity to explore and expand upon. I loved all of the stories and just knowing what happened before Kate came around makes me love the series more (even when I didn't think it was possible).

By far, my favourite story was Hera's. Followed very closely by Persephone. We got an intimate look into the relationship and marriage of Hades and Persephone, which had always been a slight mystery to me. Both Hades and Persephone explained it to Kate as best they could, but actually reading it through Persephone's point of view really gave us an in-depth look about what happened and what went wrong.

Overall, all of the stories were remarkable and touching in their own way. I feel more attached to all of the characters now than I ever have before. This book is an amazing read and I highly recommend it if you are a fan of The Goddess Test series. If you haven't read the series yet, I suggest you do! It is brilliant.

Kristal@OwlReadIt

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Goddess Legacy.