Maia's Reviews > Griffin and Sabine

Griffin and Sabine by Nick Bantock

this book was amazing and i devoured the second and third straight away! i borrowed these after asking my aunt for a romantic book and, knowing my love of art and in particular postcards, she handed me these. i know, right? jackpot! the artwork on the letters and postcards is divine- it tracks Griffin and Sabine's emotional stories alongside Griffin's slowly fracturing mental state. its a romance, alright, but a very intense mystery and visual experience as well- surealist and symbolic. the reason i had to read the next two straight away will be pretty clear when you get to the end. and speaking of, these books arent very big, but once you've reached the end you'll be tempted to flip right back to the start and analyse everything with new eyes. i wish there were more books like these- i mean, there probably are, but i have no idea how to start tracking them down. if anyone has any recomendations please do tell!
ps. im in highschool about to do my major artwork and i've lucked out with these books. love stories and art? yes, please!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Griffin and Sabine.