Misty's Reviews > Earthfall

Earthfall by Mark Walden

Aug 12, 12

bookshelves: own, recieved-for-review
Read from August 05 to 08, 2012

Earthfall was an exciting book that kept you in suspense and was shrouded in mystery throughout. I admit it got a bit confusing when the truth was all coming out but I think I had it figured out by the time I turned the last page lol. This is definitely one for younger readers (it's target audience) but is also an enjoyable read for adults.
I liked Sam, he's a typical boy hero, but felt his training later on was glossed over and I found it a bit unbelievable that he was able to fight as he did when, from my view, he doesn't seem to have trained or worked out much at all since those months are kind of just skipped, possibly to keep the book short, I don't know.
He is very smart and quick thinking though which were more believable qualities and things that I liked about him. I think there's potential for a love interest in book two which I'm looking forward to seeing more of.
The writing itself is very descriptive and Mark Walden does a really good job of telling his story, keeping me hooked in and leaving me wanting to see what happens next now the tables have started to turn.
I found the actual story intriguing and believable, even with the confusing bit, maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention lol. It was closed off neatly but I still have lots of questions. It's something I would recommend for someone looking for a quick read.

Favourite quotes

'There were times when he teetered on the brink of despair, but he never gave in to it. Instead he just got smarter and faster, managed to stay just one step ahead of the Drones. There was no alternative really; it was that or simply curl up and die.'

''Sam,' Rachel said, and he turned towards her. 'Be careful.'
'Careful's my middle name,' Sam said. 'Actually it's not, it's Patrick, but you get the idea.''

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Earthfall.

08/07/2012 page 90
08/07/2012 page 159
57.0% 5 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rachel Simson I like the review :)
It's very well argued hehe
And I totally agree with the quotes. Especially the second one. It had me
Cracking up!

Misty Lol thanks :)

Parthasarathi Mondal hi misti though nice u remarks.. sarathi1111@rediffmail.com