Holly's Reviews > The Awakening

The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong

Nov 14, 09

bookshelves: death-ghosts, series, favorites, witches_magic, shifters
Read in May, 2009, read count: 2

** spoiler alert ** I was so excited to get my copy of The Awakening from the library. My mom gave me The Summoning for Christmas and I was addicted. This only fed my addiction.

I could not put this down. I was in classes trying to scrape together a few minutes to read a page or two. Especially when I got to the part where Derek turns into a werewolf and she's rubbing his back. I was like, "This is so cool! I have to keep reading!" But, as fate would have it, I could not. So I was totally excited to finish it.

I think Derek is falling for Chloe. Really. He's so nice to her and he's so protective of her. Any mention of Simon makes him seem uncomfortable. I was really expecting them to kiss a time or two. Maybe in the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Awakening.

Quotes Holly Liked

Kelley Armstrong
“You didn't answer my question. Are you all right?"

I didn't do anything"

Yeah. You did." He looked at me. "You did a lot"

-Chloe & Derek-”
Kelley Armstrong, The Awakening

Kelley Armstrong
“Derek caught my arm again as I started to move--at this rate, it was going to be as sore as my injured one.
"Dog," he said, jerking his chin toward the fenced yard. "It was inside earlier."
Expecting to see a Doberman slavering at the fence, I followed his gaze to a little puff of white fur, the kind of dog women stick in their purses. It wasn't even barking, just staring at us, dancing in place.
"Oh, my God! It's a killer Pomeranian." I glanced up at Derek. "It's a tough call, but I think you can take him.”
Kelley Armstrong, The Awakening