Kristy's Reviews > The One

The One by Heather Self

Jul 10, 12

bookshelves: paranormal
Read in July, 2012

I LOVED this book. After reading the blurb I didn't think I would. The idea of a girl who is predestined to be the saviour of the world she lives in, as well as the world her 'people' come from and who must fulfill a prophesy in order to do this, did not grab my attention. It's not the kind of paranormal book I would usually read (I generally prefer my PNR to have plenty of shifters and alpha-males), but this was fantastic! Don't just take my word for it, read the other reviews!

The characters in this book are wonderful. The heroine is tough, but still sensitive and lovable. Kai and Jenna are sassy and so much fun, while the guys are hot, multilingual, tough and SO hot (did I already mention that they are HOT??)!

There are a few minor typos, but not enough to annoy me too much and certainly not enough to make me rate the book lower than 5 stars! I can't wait to read the next book in this series. If you are looking for something original, that you can get your teeth stuck into and really enjoy, then give this book a go. I dare say you won't be disappointed!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The One.