Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > Seduction and Snacks

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec

Aug 19, 12

bookshelves: did-not-finish

I tried. This one just isn't going to work. Swearing and sex doesn't bother me (obviously, if you know me) but this book reminds me of a preteen who's just decided that he'll seem really awesome if he manages to fit in every raunchy word possible in the telling of one story - it's called trying too hard to be entertaining. The jokes are drowning in the attempt to look youthful and cool.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction and Snacks.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Espinoza I'm just starting this one too. All but one of my friends that have read it have given it 5 stars. Promising!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) Oh fun, we'll have to compare notes! It sounds like everyone thinks it's funny. The writing style seems very amateurish at the start (guessing this is a self-pub, could be wrong) but as long as I'm laughing, I don't think I'm going to care.

message 3: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Stacia - you won't care :) Just switch your brain off, sit back and enjoy it!

Stacia (the 2010 club) Sounds like a plan. :)

message 5: by Leea (new)

Leea I keep hearing how funny this book is. Can't wait for your review.

Stacia (the 2010 club) One of my friends just 2 starred this so I'm a little nervous now! I'll keep an open mind though.

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Espinoza So far, I dislike the switching of POV without naming who is speaking. I also feel that both main characters have too similar a voice and personality. However, I admit to chuckling a lot. The what to expect when you get knocked up at a frat party book or whatever she said, would have been helpful with my first child. Hehehe j/k.

message 8: by Searock (new) - added it

Searock Oops, I forgot to switch my brain off... (click).
Good advice AJ.
I think I'll sit back and pretend I'm in a dimly lit comedy theater.

message 9: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Excellent plan! It's not a book to get all serious over.

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Espinoza How are you liking it, Stacia and Searock? I am loving it. Yeah, there are some things that I normally would raise a brow at but the humor just makes up for that. Totally entertaining!

Stacia (the 2010 club) I almost pulled a DNF after the first few chapters, but then I got to the "my dick is bloody" chapter and it started to amuse me. I'm not even 20% in now but I'll try to settle in and read some after dinner.

message 12: by Searock (last edited Aug 17, 2012 06:04PM) (new) - added it

Searock Exactly!! The moment she was actually telling the story, I got sucked in.
The first bit is just her observation/commentary, which is like meeting an outrageous person for the first time at a party- when they are so OOT you just find yourself staring at them for a minute.
I'm enjoying it alot though. I'm slower than most, though, so even thought Ace and I are at the same spot, it might take me a couple days to finish :)
(Yes, I am calling her Ace. No I don't know where it came from- maybe Stac? Yes, its weird. No I can't help it.)

By the way, hi Guru!
(You know its gonna stick @Rebecca, hope you don't mind :))

message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Espinoza Ace is a lot shorter than Book Goddess, which is what I think of her as. :0) I like it!

Guru? Why Guru? I'm picturing Mike Meyers as the love guru. Kind of scary!

message 14: by Searock (new) - added it

Searock Tarryn Fisher called you her book guru last night :) Its on her status update about HTKARS.

message 15: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Espinoza What?! Wow. I'll have to check it out! So cool. Thanks, Guru it is then! :0)

Stacia (the 2010 club) So if I'm Ace, and Rebecca is Guru, what are you going to be Searock? I'm horrible at picking nicknames.

message 17: by Searock (new) - added it

Searock I'm Searock, of course :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) That's too obvious! There's no code in that!

Wait, did I just miss a Goddess comment? Hmmm...

message 19: by Searock (new) - added it

Searock Who me??
No way...

Stacia (the 2010 club) sooo...I think I changed my mind again and am gonna DNF this. I read erotica and swear like a sailor, so I can't believe that I think this book is too crude. It's like those comedians who say the f word like 5 times in one sentence, to the point where you get distracted from what they're saying.

message 21: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Espinoza I am so on the fence about it. Its honest in a way that you can be with your girlfriends but is there much substance to the actual story? I don't know. seriously, I am having a hard time trying to rate this one. on pure entertainment value its a def 3.5 so I think that is where it will lie for me. I was entertained but its not a literary masterpeice or anything.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I gave up on this one too. Just too much and I can take a lot. Lol.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter I won't be reading this book, Stacia. Thank you for your review.

Becs - Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Ack - I'm supposed to be doing a buddy read of this on Monday! I think I would much rather stay with Zane and Ty.

message 25: by Searock (new) - added it

Searock I'm out too.
Not saying there won't ever be a time I'm in the mood to get my crude-Bella on....

I found myself trying to figure out who the original Twilight characters were in the fanfic version of this story.
When I am distracting myself while reading, I guess that's a bad sign.
Moving on, but only in a "putting back on the shelf" way. I won't be rating it or anything.

Stacia (the 2010 club) I did something similar. I don't usually rate unfinished books...I just shelve them as unfinished and note why. This book seems to have a lot of fans (and I understand why people do love the book because it's apparent to see that there is a lot of humor) and the bones are there to be something great, but the execution lost me. It was as if the author took what I liked about the style of Unidentified Redhead and turned it up about 10 notches to the raunchy side. Sorry, this post is about to get long...

Rebecca, I'm glad to see that you are enjoying it. I think if I could have found a way to stop seeing all of the crudeness, the book would have been funny. The scene where she's talking about how "do men have such a need to have to release their sperm into the universe that they would want to carry a pocket pussy at all times, so they could pull it out of their pocket at a moment's notice?" had me laughing so hard. I actually do like sex jokes but then it seemed like that's all there was...maybe if I'd read further it would have calmed down but I wasn't in the mood to find out.

message 27: by Dd (new) - rated it 1 star

Dd YAY!!I hated this book too!!And I get so happy when someone else hates it too!!:D

Karen Booklover Dd wrote: "YAY!!I hated this book too!!And I get so happy when someone else hates it too!!:D"

Me too :D! And you are the first person I know who hates it! V glad !

Stacia (the 2010 club) Haha, you girls just made me laugh. At least there's a few people in the uncool kids club now. :p

message 30: by Dd (new) - rated it 1 star

Dd Karen wrote: "Dd wrote: "YAY!!I hated this book too!!And I get so happy when someone else hates it too!!:D"

Me too :D! And you are the first person I know who hates it! V glad !"

Hehe!!:D

message 31: by Dd (new) - rated it 1 star

Dd Stacia (Ace of Skates) wrote: "Haha, you girls just made me laugh. At least there's a few people in the uncool kids club now. :p"

I am glad to be a member of this club!!;)

Karen Booklover Three Cheers to the uncool kids club :p

message 33: by Casey (new)

Casey This made me smile, because I had a really similar reaction and appear to be part of a grave minority. I thought there were humorous moments, but my subconscious kept diving in and pointing out that this was a story. It didn't read like a natural story to me (not like Wallbanger and the Redhead series, as you noted).

I just couldn't suspend my disbelief enough to believe that a rather terrible, one-night stand left two people pining for each other four years later, and in between some serious raunchiness, they realize they are it for each other. It felt like the plot was merely a tool for the humor.