Rebecca's Reviews > My Life in Pink & Green

My Life in Pink & Green by Lisa Greenwald

Jul 11, 2012

bookshelves: book-group, childrens
Read from July 09 to 11, 2012

My Life in Pink and Green tells the story of a twelve-year old girl who has spent most of her life in her family's pharmacy; testing makeup, using products and reading the labels on just about everything. All this has resulted in a love for all things that have to do with beauty. So when the local high school prom queen comes in with a hair problem, Lucy is to the rescue. News spreads of Lucy's expertise and soon every girl in town is coming in with their makeup and beauty woes. All this new buisness is great for the little pharmacy as times are tough and Lucy's Grandma might have to sell Lucy's beloved second home.

This book was pretty predictable but I loved how uplifting it was and how it really emphasized that makeup should be used to enhance natural beauty- an important lesson for young girls who are just starting out using makeup and other products.

This book also emphasized the importance of using green products and to recycle and help the environment- a very popular subject which should be looked into more in the beauty industry.

What I really loved was the little buisness or beauty tips that started each chapter. It was like a prelude as to what that chapter will have and I thought it very clever.

All in all, my mother-daughter book group is going to love this. We are going to have a big party and makeup sessions that the book has inspired.

A great read and highly reccommended for young girls!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Life in Pink & Green.