Emily Ragusa's Reviews > The Book of Fate

The Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer

Jul 13, 12

bookshelves: meltzer, da-vinci-code, mystery, corruption, washington-d-c, fate, the-book-of-fate
Read from July 09 to 13, 2012

I must admit that this book was just an okay read for me. I enjoyed the book more in the beginning than I did toward the end. There are so many character names and personas introduced nearly simultaneously that they are all hard to keep straight. It is very hard to follow as the book goes on. The dialogue gets kind of annoying to read as there are so many pauses and interruptions between characters. There is a lot of “action” in this book—fighting, running, driving from place to place. There is just so much to keep straight.

While I rated this book a 2 out of 5, I do appreciate the historical references and clarifications that Brad Meltzer added at the end of the book. He is a very talented writer that has conveyed a complex story mixed with fiction and truth. I enjoyed the mystery and captivation that Meltzer conveyed through the eyes of the main character, Wes.

Would I read this book again? No. Recommend it? Probably not. Am I happy that I branched away from my usual reads and tried this book out? Absolutely.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Fate.