Bryan457's Reviews > Texas Triumphant

Texas Triumphant by Daniel Da Cruz

Dec 09, 12

bookshelves: ecological, science-fiction, thriller
Read from November 28 to December 09, 2012

First, let me just say, "I'm easy." If an author wants to suspend my disbelief (Hereafter referred to as SOD) and show me a good time, I'm there. I cooperate fully. It doesn't take much. This book did not keep me SODed. There were parts I found to be ridiculous, and that's even with giving it a huge pass for being "near future" science fiction in which the time period for the events (2008-2009) has passed. Let me give you two glaring examples. First, the picture on the cover is of the American Vice President and the Russian Deputy Premier meeting on a space walk for a private conversation. My SOD just broke. This scene had maybe a couple of sentences to explain why this was rational, cost effective, needed; it failed to do so. Just a short paragraph to explain, rationalize and smooth my concerns would have done the job. Second, Ripley had a secret subway tunnel put in from Houston to Moscow Kiev. I'm not sure what would keep my SOD intact on that one.

So, not as good as book 2 Texas On the Rocks. It was more like book 1 The Ayes of Texas, in that it needed to be fleshed out a little more.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Texas Triumphant.