Onellyantie Chuah's Reviews > Murder in Mesopotamia

Murder in Mesopotamia by Agatha Christie

Jul 16, 2012

Read from July 09 to 14, 2012 — I own a copy

This is one of the few stories from Agatha Christie's that takes place in the Middle East and has a touch on archaeology. The plot is told from nurse Leatheran's point of view (nurse Leatheran is one of the major characters that is also a murder suspect, oh well, Poirot suspects everyone and everything all the time.

As it stated in the beginning of the story, the nurse admitted that the story may not run perfectly in order and indicated her inconsistency in mentioning titles of the characters (you can notice this almost immediately). Nevertheless, the story became a very 'honest' story as it is the direct translation of what the nurse was thinking about certain circumstances).

The ending is somewhat unclear regarding the fate of the murderer afterwards because this is one of those crimes where no concrete evidence is available to bring down the murderer, yes, the murderer admitted the sin, and so...? (I hope I didn't accidentally skip this part of the story). Overall, it's a good read, but not the best from Agatha Christie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder in Mesopotamia.