Carson Faircloth's Reviews > Soulbound

5197215
Jul 21, 12

Read from July 09 to 19, 2012

*4 stars*

Yes, I'll admit this story surprised me. I almost passed it by, but when I read that it was written by the author of the Vladimir Todd series, I couldn't resist. And now, I'm more than happy that I did.

Kaya was one of those tough heroines, but not to the point that she was witty and sarcastic all the time. She didn't like being forced to do or not do anything, and she made it abundantly clear. She's a very good model, actually, in an all-around kind of way. When Kaya wants to do something, she will. I respected that, since half of the time novels are written about fake-tough girls or I-swear-I'm-plain girls, even if it's obvious they're anything but.

The overall concept was also a nice touch. I haven't read anything like it, and the end...oh, the end. Why, Heather, must you do this to your readers?

So: A very nice beginning to a series. It's a fast read, an easy read...and a surprising read. Though it does have a love triangle, you don't really see it until the end---only now do I see the full potential of it, and I'm desperately hoping it turns out to be well-written and not slapped together like so many other love-triangles these days.

I look forward to reading more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soulbound.