Kristin Scearce's Reviews > Final Crossing: A Novel of Suspense

Aug 28, 2012

bookshelves: first-reads
Recommended to Kristin by: Firstreads
Read from August 26 to 28, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Disclaimer: I won a copy of this book through a FirstReads giveaway.

I really enjoyed the story found in this novel, and it definitely kept my interest throughout. Religion coupled with politics is certainly something that is at the forefront of our society right now, and the ways in which they were used and interacted together in the plot was very intriguing. I also liked how it bounced back and forth between the points of view of Jonas and Rudiger so the reader could gain perspective on the story from both sides.

However, there were quite a lot of proofreading errors in my copy, which was not labeled as a proof or anything other than an off-the-shelf edition. While I am not one to avidly search for such things, read with a red pen in hand, or anything of that nature, there were just too many to ignore. There were even a few in back-to-back sentences. That is the reason I dropped a star from my rating.

All-in-all, "Final Crossing" is a great suspense thriller where religion is used to bolster the thoughts of a serial killer into believing he's doing the work of God, eventually crossing paths with a Senator's Chief of Staff. However, if you're the type to rip your eyes out when you see a typographical or grammatical error, you might want to step away from this one, or at least take a couple deep breaths first.

4 stars
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Final Crossing.