Anjali 's Reviews > Perfect

Perfect by Natasha Friend

Jul 09, 12

This is the perfect novel if you want to read nother saga of teen depression and eating disorder and family grieving and family issues.
13-year-old Isabelle Lee, feels fat, ugly and misunderstood in her family. Almost two years ago her father died of Cancer and her mother cries herself to sleep now. No one can cope with the man they all loved gone.
When Isabelle is caught throwing up in the upstairs bathroom of theit house, she is sent to 'Group', otherwise known as therapy...and then in walks Ashley Barnum, popular, beautiful, Ashley aka Ms. Royalty. What could the most popular, prettiest girl ever be doing in 'Group'?

Natasha Friend has written a fantastic, pick-me-up of family, eating disorder and school into one great book. Characters are well-developed and the first line 'April used to be my sister' captures your attention. The style of writing is easy to read but at the same time sophisticated. I give this a five-star. Excellent read.

Also, if you're interested in knowing more about teens with eating disorders, the reasons why and their life there couldn't be a better book than this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect.