Jennifer's Reviews > The Girl Who Was on Fire: Your Favorite Authors on Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games Trilogy

The Girl Who Was on Fire by Leah Wilson

F 50x66
Jul 11, 2012

When I first read the Hunger Games trilogy, I remember really wishing that it had been written for adults. Perhaps I felt a bit sheepish about liking a YA story so much or just longing for new adult dystopic novel that I could enjoy with equal fervor. Reading these essays made me realize it is irrelevant what age group these books were written for, as all of the characters, themes, and symbols are just as strong as in any adult fiction. It was also reassuring to realize that the hold these books had over my mental time was shared by so many others and that they too had thought long and deeply about what they had experienced in these books. Other reviewers note that some of the essays are stronger than others, which I agree with. But they are all worth reading in their entirety and each has the potential to offer some fact or insight to the reader about this trilogy that will make them say, "ah hah". And then go re-read the Hunger Games again. A truly enjoyable and engaging read for fans of this trilogy, and a MUST read for any who read the Hunger Games and just don't get what all the hubbub is about.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Was on Fire.