Books Mom's Reviews > The Patriot Girl

7199227
Jul 09, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, contemporary-romance
Read in June, 2012

I expected this to be just another romance, but it wasn’t. It starts off with the heroine, after being widowed for three years finally meeting someone who attracted her. However there is a serious problem with their relationship from the very start.

He saves her from a robber’s gun, and becomes equally attracted to her. However, not only is he the first customer in her new PR business, but other facts about them both surface, causing extreme problems with any possible relationship between them.

This is not a typical boy meets girl romance. They are both older and each carry a lot of emotional baggage. There cannot be a HEA until all their secrets are exposed and resolved, which takes a lot of doing. In addition, during this time she is stalked by one of the robbers who got away, but even this has an unusual and interesting twist.

I enjoyed this story very much, and although I knew it would end up okay (it's a romance, after all!), it didn’t ruin the story for me. I think this is a fun and someone different romance that everyone should enjoy.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Patriot Girl.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Toni Cloutier Hey, Books Mom,

Thanks so much for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.