Virag's Reviews > The Iron Legends

The Iron Legends by Julie Kagawa

1203920
Aug 01, 12

bookshelves: to-read

I'm not actually reading this.
I just wanted to say the cover is so gay *snorts*. Seriously? The best character in this entire series is not even on it (Grimalkin) and the second-best character, Puck, does not even look like Puck. Where is the red hair, green eyes, smirk, pointy ears, ect? Ash doesn't appear to be a faery either, and Meghan just looks like a model that doesn't know her right from her left. The pose these characters are in are ridiculous as well.

I honestly can't belive that Kagawa is selling-out and adding even more to this series. Can she get any more cliche? It should have ended at Iron Queen, but nooo, it had to go on and have Meghan and Ash get married and have a baby in their teenage years.
Oh, Bella and Edward, nice to see you again!

And I love how the description is all like "Can Meghan overcome the danger..?" Well no s!hit, if she's made it far enough to become queen, marry her hot faery who defeated death, and get knocked up during "incredible, unsurmountable danger", then Ms. Perfect is obviously going to win this one as well.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Legends.

message 1: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Cover snobbery and Mary-Sue issues aside, how is writing more of the series selling out??? These stories were written around the same time that she was writing the original stories.

message 2: by Virag (new) - added it

Virag Jordan wrote: "Cover snobbery and Mary-Sue issues aside, how is writing more of the series selling out??? These stories were written around the same time that she was writing the original stories."

Well, because of the uncomplicated writing style these dumb stories are catchy. I don't like them at all, but it's very easy to just open up and read. Also, the novellas were released only as free e-books, and I guess some hardcore fans are willing to pay 10 bucks to have them in paperback.
It's really aggravating, though.

message 3: by Maya (new)

Maya well, if fans are willing to pay for it, I guess as an author I wouldn't mind too much ^^ But well, these novellas really are not that amazing ... but I dropped this series after Iron Queen already. Liked Iron King well enough, but after that all the teenie drama got painful v.v

message 4: by Virag (new) - added it

Virag Well embarrasingly enough I do like The Iron King, but only because it's sometimes nice to sink into something easy and not have to think. But yeah, the teenage drama that's been done and re-done so many times is just boring and the series is nothing I'd reccommend.