Sophie's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

Sep 09, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2007, childrens, fantasy, fiction, own, read-in-2010
Read in September, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 4

I have a whole new appreciation for this book after reading it along with Mark Reads Harry Potter. He's reading each book chapter by chapter and writing a review after each, so it's like reading the books for the first time. I've been immersed in HP fandom for so long that it's easy to forget the first time you read the books, to go back to that sense of wonder, and Mark gives me that.

I was amazed at how much Rowling was able to pack into each chapter. I have a whole new respect for this book. I can't wait to read books 6 and 7 along with Mark!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Quotes Sophie Liked

J.K. Rowling
“By all means continue destroying my possessions. I daresay I have too many.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

08/28/2010 "I'm reading this along with Mark Reads Harry Potter. http://markreadsharrypotter.buzznet.c..."
09/07/2010
59.0% "Wait, what? We can't put page numbers anymore, now we have to calculate the percentage ourselves? This is not cool, Goodreads. ANYWAY, I am only 14 chapters behind Mark now. *readsreads*"
09/07/2010 page 516
59.0% "Oh never mind, you can toggle it. THANX GOODREADS"
09/07/2010 page 543
62.0% "14 chapters to go..."
09/07/2010 page 570
66.0% "13..."
09/07/2010 page 599
69.0% "12 to go..."
09/08/2010 page 624
72.0% "11 chapters left! I hope to finish before the movie liveblog. Definitely before he starts book 6..."
show 3 hidden updates…

message 1: by Brandann (new)

Brandann Wheee!

So much tension and teen angst at oppressive authority figures!

Great book! One of the best in the series!

Sophie Yeah, I've read it before, it's actually one of my least favorite to read because reading about Umbridge makes me feel physically ill--but I love Mark who Reads Harry Potter, and I love watching his reactions to things!