Sarah's Reviews > Improper Relations

Improper Relations by Juliana Ross

Jul 11, 12

bookshelves: netgalley, read-in-2012, for-review-read
Read on July 09, 2012, read count: 1

Improper Relations is a debut novella from Juliana Ross and is perfect if you're looking for a quick, sexy, historical read. At around 60 pages there isn't a lot of time for character building and to develop the relationship between Hannah and Leo but it was still a satisfying read.

Hannah was left penniless after her husband's death so was grateful to be offered the position of ladies maid to his aunt. As the poor relation she isn't exactly welcomed into the family but at least she has a roof over her head and food to eat. Leo is the younger son and the black sheep of the family, she has always been intrigued by him but it is when she catches him getting down and dirty with one of the maids in the library that she becomes really fascinated. Although Hannah is no virgin she is innocent. She never felt pleasure with her husband and was brought up to believe that sex was something that women had to endure so it shocks her that the maid seems to enjoy Leo's attentions. When he offers to teach her how pleasurable love making can be she can't resist.

Leo is more than willing to teach Hannah everything he knows and I did like the fact that she was able to put her shyness to one side and go for what she wanted. The lessons were certainly steamy but I have to admit that when someone so innocent that she has never even seen a man naked before becomes a deep throat expert on her first attempt at a BJ it really irritates me. Improper Relations is great if you just want a steamy read that you can finish in one sitting but I would have enjoyed it a lot more if there had been more time to flesh out the characters and make me really believe that they fell in love. Juliana Ross has a promising writing style though and I would love to see what she can do with a full length novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Improper Relations.