Dolores's Reviews > New York to Dallas

New York to Dallas by J.D. Robb

Jul 09, 12

Read in July, 2012

When I read the last "In Death" book they kept referring to events that took place in this book. That was when I realized I had missed this one. I debated about going back and reading it, but I when I heard the audio version had won an Audie, I decided to listen to it. As far as audio books go, this was a pretty good one. The reader did a nice job. However. What I enjoy about this series are two things. First of all--the world. I love the descriptions of futuristic New York. The descriptions of this society and its unique class structure. The second thing I really like are all the secondary characters. Peabody and McNabb, Mavis, and Louise and the rest of the crew. That's what keeps me reading these books. This particular one was set in Dallas, and I didn't really get that futuristic feel. I'm not sure why. Maybe the content of the story didn't call for a lot of exploration of Dallas society. And of course, all the secondary characters were missing. For my taste, it was too much Dallas--the place and the person.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New York to Dallas.