Kaci's Reviews > Soulbound

Soulbound by Heather Brewer

Jul 09, 12

bookshelves: favorites

Kaya is a Healer born of a union between two Barrons which is illegal. Because her parents can be killed for breaking the law, Kaya has to go to school where Healers and Barrons are trained to fight and heal. There she is going to be Soulbound to a fighter. There are a few complications but you'll have to read the book to find out what. I don't want to accidentally give spoilers!

I loved this book! I also love Heather Brewer. I met her at a book signing that I went to with a friend and she was so funny and open. Anyway back to the book. Kaya is a very strong female character. She doesn't want to just heal the Barrons she wants to help them fight. Her new soulbound partner Trayton doesn't see her need to fight because he will be there to protect her. However, she gets Darius, a teacher at the school that has saved her multiple times, to help her. Thus begins a love triangle. I am totally Team Darius. He is mysterious and grumpy. It's great. The ending of this book left my head spinning and me wanting more. I can't wait until Spring and the next installment to this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soulbound.