TheRLPL Rice Lake Public Library's Reviews > Hart's War

Hart's War by John Katzenbach

Jul 09, 12

Read in May, 2012

Page Turner's met in May to discuss Hart's Wary by John Katzenbach. Overall rating was 3.75
Member reviews:

3.5 of 5
The beginning was slow to start, but once it got going, the plot became interesting. I enjoyed th characters."

3.5 of 5
"The word choice, sentence structure, and the way Katzenbach built up his characters was good. However, the technical errors, particularly wrong information about WW11 bombers, stopped me in my tracks. It was like nails on the chalkboard to have that crucial information be wrong."

4 of 5
"I liked the characters and was engaged with the plot. I wondered "Who did it?" I made up theories about possible reasons for the murder while I read. I thought the book was interesting.

4 of 5
I liked the writing style. Even the slow start was useful because it mirrored the inherent boredom of being a prisoner. The mystery and escape attempts enlivened the rest of the story. I thought the epilogue was satisfying.

Movie Reviews
3.5 of 5
I liked the movie, but there were parts that struck me as unbelievable such as how Hart got his law book from the Germans...and it was in English.

4 or 5
The beginning was pretty boring. I probably wouldn't have continued watching if it hadn't been for the book club. The movie got better after that. I was surprised that Bruce Willis wasn't the main character of Tommy hart. Sounds like a lot of things were different than the book! I think the movie was more like Hogan's Heroes that what you read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hart's War.