Debbie's Reviews > Talulla Rising

F_50x66
Jul 09, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-stuff
Read in January, 2012

This took me forever to finish and I am a fast reader - I just kept putting it down and days would go by before I picked it up again..it is the 2nd in a trilogy and overall the first (The Last Werewolf) was a better read. In this one Tululla, a werewolf, has two kid/werewolves and one is stolen by a secret society trying to strengthen an ubervamp.. anyway Talulla and her gang plot, get caught, plot, get caught, plot, get caught...etc. And through-out their efforts to retrieve the stolen baby/wolf, we the readers, are hit over the head with the sexual needs/demands of werewolves...It's like reading a 13 year old boy's wet dream. The author uses every word he knows to describe sex and the needs of the werewolves ...I mean really, I get it - the werewolves MUST have sex, are ALWAYS thinking of having sex, CAN NOT function without sex...it's just so ....BORING. I ended up skipping a lot of pages as the plot bogged down in another failed plan or another sexual escapade. And, SPOOILER AHEAD -so stop reading now.. WOCOP, while in a bit of organizational mess, seems to be completely unaware that there are a new group of werewolves in England - a tiny country. Whatever. It does pick up at the last 30 pages or so - when all the suspects are in the same room - so to speak -

I bought the first one, but got this from the Library (Yeah Public Libraries) and that was a good economical decision on my part. The third one - I don't know if I will read it or not - but I will again use my public library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Talulla Rising.